Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hello


Scanner on Aphex Twin. How fitting that this prank was played to the man whose long-running alias "was derived from his intercepting and capturing private conversations on mobile phones and police transmissions as a sound source for his compositions."

"I remember Richard played this joke on me. He called me and DJ Mixmaster Morris at the same time. He telephoned Morris and hung up, then he telephoned me and hung up on two phones. Then he called us both back at the same time and put the telephones together. So I answer the phone and went 'Hello' and Morris said 'Hello'. Richard recorded the whole thing and he released it on a Caustic Window record that only ever came out as a white label. Every now and then Morris will DJ with it."

From The Wire's Invisible Jukebox

No comments: